Rippa rugby is non-contact hybrid of rugby which promotes ball-handling and running skills, there is also the opportunity to enter a tackle rugby team if there are sufficient numbers and coaches available. This sport is for boys and girls and the tournament days are held at Takapuna RFC. There are 3-4 tournaments for schools each year across Term 2 & 3. The local clubs that offer rippa and rugby over the winter are East Coast Bays, Glenfield and Takapuna.
The 2017 dates are as follows:
- Thursday 11th May (Save date Tuesday 16th May)
- Thursday 22nd June (Save date Tuesday 27th June)
- Thursday 17th August (Save date Tuesday 22nd August)
- If we have a/some teams that come first or second in their division at the Year 5/6 level, there may be the following games:
- SEMI FINALS @ North Harbour Stadium Thursday 21st September (Save date Friday 22nd September)
- *FINALS FOR BOTH PRIMARY SCHOOLS & INTERMEDIATE SCHOOLS WILL BE PLAYED AS CURTAIN RAISERS FOR NORTH HARBOUR ITM CUP GAMES IF DRAW ALLOWS – DATES WILL BE ADVISED ONCE 2017 ITM CUP DRAW IS RECEIVED