Milford School will be playing in a Local Touch Junior Module after school on Thursdays during Term 4; registrations will be taken during Term 3.
- Year 1 & 2: Mixed, Boys, Girls; if there are not enough girl’s team entered, they will be entered in mixed grade. The Year 1 & 2 Competition play on a half touch field.
- Year 3 & 4: Mixed, Boys, Girls.
- Year 5&6: Mixed, Boys, Girls
Mixed teams must include a minimum of 3 girls on the field at all times (and a minimum of 4 girls registered).
TIME OF GAMES
- Games are two 15 minute halves, with no half time break.
- Game times are usually 3.45pm, 4.15pm, 4.45pm, 5.15pm, 5.45pm, and 6.15pm.
- The Y1 & 2’s tend to play the earlier game times, and the Y5 & 6 the later times. But there are some overlaps, and often double-headers.
It is usually a 9 week competition, beginning approximately mid October and finishing during the final week of school. The venue this season is likely to be back at Becroft Park.
DRAWS & RESULTS
- Season Draws, and weekly Results will be published on: http://www.localtouch.co.nz
- The Module will provide qualified referees. Please know they do everything they can to get referees to cover games.
- Parents/Students interested in refereeing, can start with the beginners ‘Touch Module Referee Course’ which is done online at http://www.touchnz.co.nz The cost is $10. Go to the Referee page; at the bottom there is a link to the Courses section; once on the Courses page scroll down and click where it says “Click here to purchase the course”.
- To register as a Local Touch Referee, or to enquire about becoming a Touch Referee, please contact Vicki McLellan, 444 2057.
- If you are interested in coaching, our school could organise an in-school introductory course for coaches closer to the start of the season. Please let us know if you’re interested.
- Touch North Harbour also run TNZ Induction and Level One Coaching Courses – for more information on these courses or to register, go to http://www.touchnorthharbour.co.nz.
- As Local Touch are affiliated Modules (member of Touch North Harbour), our players have access to Touch North Harbour player development opportunities.
- TNH Age Group Skill Clinics
- Open registration event, designed for school-aged players wanting to take the next step towards becoming a representative player, but also for current representative players.
- Schools will be sent more information, or you can keep an eye on the Touch NH website – http://www.touchnorthharbour.co.nz.
- The Touch North Harbour representative trials are usually held in November. Date and venue to be confirmed.
- There are junior trials for Under 9’s, Under 11’s (as well as 13’s, 15’s, 17’s).
- Any player from any affiliated Module can attend these trials – this includes all players from Local Touch Junior Modules.
- Players must register for trials online at http://www.touchnorthharbour.co.nz; go to the Representative (Rep Trials) page of the website.
- Our players must wear a Milford School Sports shirt (available from the Milford School Office) and Navy shorts.
- No player is to play in bare feet.
- Rugby/soccer/touch boots are fine as long as they have moulded sprigs but no metal.
- Cancellations will be broadcast by 2.00pm:
- Via the Local Touch website
- Via the Local Touch manager’s email database
- Via the Local Touch Facebook page
- If we are forced to cancel, that night’s game will not be replayed. Always follow the draw dates.